My Body is a Temple: Yoga as a Path to Wholeness
Online Study Group with Christina Sell
Begins January 13, 2016
10:00am Central Time
*Live attendance is not necessary!
“This book is not about some exclusive spiritual path or practice. It is about each and every one of us. You, me and everyone. The principles that Christina has devoted her life to are universal, meaning that they not only apply to all of us but can, and will, given even a small chance, benefit all of us.” - From the Foreword, by Lee Lozowick
- Are you looking for a supportive, non-dogmatic way to explore yoga beyond the physical practice of asana?
- Would you like a forum to learn about yoga philosophy and how to incorporate the teachings authentically into your life?
- Would you like to participate in a community of practitioners dedicated to asking meaningful questions of themselves and who are daring to risk living into the answers through practice?
- Would you like to deepen your yoga practice and expand your yoga community without the expense of travel?
This course meets online for a live session 23 times over the course of one year. Between sessions, we will utilize a blog-style forum for ongoing discussion, connection and community-building. Designed as a long-term group discussion, this course is perfect for those students and teachers who love asana practice and are looking to develop and internalize their yoga practice and/or teaching beyond the sticky mat.
You can expect education, inspiration and practical suggestions about how to engage the teachings in the midst of your daily life.
What you get:
- 23 Live Web-Based Sessions over 12 months.
—All Sessions are recorded with video for viewing at your convenience and will last approximately 45 minutes. To view the video recording a live computer connection is required.
—All sessions are also available as a downloadable audio recording.
— While community is best built through the active participation of all students, I recognize that time constraints are real and life is unpredictable. Students will have access to all course materials for one year after the conclusion of the course.
- Reading assignments from My Body is a Temple: Yoga as a Path to Wholeness.
- Selected reading from relevant resources throughout the year.
- Writing assignments for personal inquiry and self-reflection.
- Suggested practices for personal development including guided meditation, pranayama, visualization, mantra and asana practices.
- 1 30-45 minute theme-based, basic asana practice for integration.
- Online forum for Q & A and community building.
- A desire to learn and grow.
- A sense of humor.
- A copy of My Body is a Temple: Yoga as a Path to Wholeness— Order here: http://www.hohmpress.com/books-hohm-press/my-body-is-a-temple-book.html
- A computer with a good internet connection.
Tuition: $805 ($35/session)-- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
We recognize that everyone has different financial circumstances. In an effort to make these teachings available to as many people as possible and to support you in participating when funds are tight, we offer a tiered pricing scale. This is an honor-based sliding scale approach where you pick your tuition based on what you can afford.
PLEASE NOTE—All tiers offer the same access to the information.
Tier 1- $690 ($30/session)-- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Tier 2- $575 ($25/session)- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Tier 3- $460 ($20/session)- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Part 1: Building Plans— Putting the Highest First
1. January 13- Introduction
2. January 27- Intention
3. February 17-The Highest First
4. February 24- Practice
5. March 9- Intrinsic Goodness
6. March 23- The Body
7. April 13- Asking the Right Questions
8. April 27- Attention
Part 2: Laying the Foundation
9. May 18- Adhikara
10. June 1- Yamas and Niyamas
11. June 15- The Conditions
Part 3- Scaffolding: Erecting and Maintaining Walls of Support
12. June 29- The Dharma
13. July 13- Spiritual Authority and the Guru
14. July 27- The Kula
15. August 10- Enthusiastic Discipline
Part 4- The Sanctuary: Expanding the Inner Life of the Temple
16. August 24- Beauty and the Expanding of the Inner Life
17. September 7-Asana as Sacred Art
18. September 21- Pranayama as Invocational Dance
19. October 5- Mantra as Devotional Music: Changing your Background Noise
Part 5-Worship- Life at the Shrine of the Heart
20. October 19- Darshan of the Heart
21. November 2- Communion
Part 6- Outreach Ministry: Celebration through Service
22. November 23-Service and Outreach